BEIJING, June 11 (Xinhuanet) -- The relatives of the victims of last week's cruise ship capsizing on the Yangtze River are now being allowed to retrieve their loved-one's belongings.
Relatives of the 434 of the confirmed victims have been given access to the items at a funeral home in Jianli County, which is near the site of last week's disaster.
Xia Yanhai with Jianli's Civil Affairs Bureau says the process of cremating the victims is also underway.
"The mortuary has received the bodies of 219 victims, of which 76 have been identified by their families. The families of 51 victims have agreed to have the victims' bodies cremated. 26 bodies have been cremated."
At the same time, the ship itself has been moved around 10-kilometers upstream from where it capsized.
Officials are concerned the ship may begin breaking apart amid the heavy water flows on the Yangtze if it remained at the accident site.
It's currently the monsoon season along the Yangtze.
Last week's capsizing of the Eastern Star has officially left 434 dead.
Eight others still remain missing.
Fourteen others managed to survive.
Doctor, Li Zhi with Jianli's People's Hospital says one of them, 65-year old Zhu Hongmei, has been discharged from hospital.
"The results of all the tests on Aunty Zhu are close to normal. She now has a good appetite and is sleeping well. She's also in much better spirits."
The Eastern Star capsized during a storm last week on the Yangtze River.
The Chinese government has ordered a full investigation into exactly what happened.
Relatives of the victims have been pointing the finger at the ship's captian amid questions about why he didn't anchor the ship after receiving reports of bad weather along the Yangtze.
(Source: CNTV.cn)











