Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
Video
Most Searched: AirAsia  APEC  South China Sea  cyber security  Ferguson  

French security forces shoot dead three suspects

English.news.cn   2015-01-10 14:15:59

BEIJING, Jan. 10 (Xinhuanet) -- French security forces have shot dead three suspects on Friday in a violent end to a three-day terror spree that saw 12 people killed at the offices of Charlie Hebdo, as well as four hostages slain at a supermarket in Paris.

Two brothers wanted for the bloody attack on Charlie Hebdo were killed when anti-terrorist police stormed a print factory in Dammartin-en-Goele where they were holed up. Minutes after the print shop assault, police broke a second siege at a supermarket in eastern Paris. Four hostages died there along with the gunman, Amedy Coulibaly.

The investigators said the four are likely to have been killed at the start of the hostage-taking. Police had already been hunting Coulibaly along with a 26 year-old woman after the killing on Thursday of a policewoman. The female suspect remains on the run.

Coulibaly called a local TV station to claim allegiance to Islamic State. He also said he had jointly planned the attacks with the Kouachi brothers, and police confirmed they were all members of the same Islamist cell in northern Paris.

(Source: CNTV.cn)

 

Editor: ying
分享
Related News
Home >> Video            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top Video News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011100001339097941