BEIJING, April 18 (Xinhuanet) -- In Boston, organizers of the city’s marathon are on high alert following an incident earlier this week and a year on from the deadly bomb attack.
On Tuesday, a man was arrested with a rice cooker in his backpack near the Boston Marathon finish line - the same thing was used to make last year’s bombs. The bag did not contain any explosives, but as a result, no one will be allowed to have a backpack while attending the race.
"We have a no bag policy. That’s the bottom line," said Boston Marathon Director Dave McGillivray. "The best thing that anyone can do whether it’s a spectator, a media person, a runner, just don’t bring a bag, and then no one gets inconvenienced. There’s no worries."
Kurt Schwartz at the Massachusetts Emergency Management said: "The message is simple to the public. Come out, but if you see something that concerns you, if you see something that you think is suspicious, simply report it to the nearest police officer, or call 911."
(Source: CNTV.cn)