BEIJING, April. 4 (Xinhuanet) -- Ukrainian officials say the killing of anti-government protesters in the capital, Kiev, in February took place "under the direct leadership" of ousted President Viktor Yanukovych. The country’s Interior Ministry also released a video, allegedly showing police officers shooting at protesters in the February clashes.
The Ukrainian prosecutor general, Interior Ministry, and state security service made the statements at a joint news conference on Thursday. They blamed the shooting deaths of more than 100 people on the Berkut riot police. The state security service also said unidentified Russians were at the headquarters of Ukraine’s security service during the protests.
On the same day, the Ukrainian Interior Ministry released a video, which they say shows police officers shooting at protesters in deadly February clashes. The new government has been under pressure to identify and punish the killers although Yanukovych has denied ordering the killings.
Earlier on Thursday, the prosecutor general said 12 members of the Berkut had been detained on suspicion of shooting peaceful participants in the protests.
(Source: CNTV.cn)