Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
Sports
Most Searched: 2014 World Cup  Champions League  snooker world  Pistorius  Sochi  

Ronaldinho to announce future Wednesday

English.news.cn   2014-07-29 08:31:55

RIO DE JANEIRO, July 28 (Xinhua) -- Ronaldinho is set to announce his future on Wednesday after terminating his contract with Brazil's Atletico Mineiro.

Atletico coach Levir Culpi confirmed the 34-year-old had left the Belo Horizonte-based club by mutual consent.

"I can't call on Ronaldinho anymore," Culpi told SporTV on Monday. "His cycle with us has ended.

"It's unfortunate because he's an idol to all of us. Everyone loves his football, the way he plays and he's a very charismatic person.

"But that's the way it goes. He's leaving and we must move on without him."

Ronaldinho's availability is said to have sparked the interest of Fluminense, Besiktas, Queens Park Rangers and Boca Juniors.

His brother and agent Roberto Assis would not be drawn on the former Barcelona star's future, but ruled out any plans for retirement.

"He will play until he is 42," Assis told Globoesporte. "The future we will reveal to you on Wednesday."

Ronaldinho joined Atletico in June 2012 after a turbulent spell with Rio de Janeiro giants Flamengo.

The ensuing 12 months were regarded by many as the playmaker's best period since his Barcelona peak in the mid-2000s, when he twice won FIFA's World Player of the Year award.

But his form tapered off badly in 2014 and he was substituted early in the second half of Atletico's 4-3 victory over Argentina's Lanus last week, a result that earned the Brazilian side the Recopa Sudamericana trophy.

Editor: Mengjie
分享
Related News
Home >> Sports            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top Sports News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011100001335164381