By Alex Osei-Boateng
ACCRA, July 9 (Xinhua) -- The Ghanaian government will implement recommendations of a three-member committee set up to probe events surrounding Ghana's participation in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, Mahama Ayariga, minister of Youth and Sports, assured Members of Parliament Wednesday.
Presenting a statement on the floor of Parliament, Ayariga noted that the government would address any lapses in Ghana's participation in the ongoing global football event.
He said the Ghanaian government believed that a forward-looking inquiry would expose lapses to engender reforms to improve the organization of the country's participation in future football tournaments.
"We believe that all stakeholders will cooperate with the Committee," he told the House, adding that the President of the Ghana FA had already welcomed the inquiry.
Ayariga said his ministry had no doubt that FIFA would have no objection to participating nations reviewing and inquiring into their poor performance with a view to carrying out reforms that would improve their national teams.
"Stronger teams will ensure more exciting FIFA tournaments," said Ayariga.
The setting up of the committee became necessary after Ghana's first round exit in the ongoing 2014 World Cup.
The Black Stars failed to make it past the first round after they picked up a point from the three group games played against the United States, Germany and Portugal.
Many fans have attributed the team's poor display in the tournament to off-pitch issues, including row over appearance fee and player indiscipline.
