MONTEVIDEO, June 26 (Xinhua) -- Uruguay national team captain Diego Lugano said Thursday Luis Suarez "will bounce back" as usual from his four-month ban from football.
Earlier in the day, world soccer body FIFA announced it would ban Suarez from all football for four months after he bit an Italian rival during a match.
Lugano also said he was confident in the team's ability on the field without their star forward, saying "nothing will stop us."
"Indignation, powerlessness, I think that's what we are all feeling," Lugano posted online hours after the International Federation of Associated Football (FIFA) ousted Suarez from the cup.
"We would all like a more just world, but such a world simply doesn't exist," wrote Lugano, suggesting the ban was unfair.
The incident marks the third time Suarez has been penalized by FIFA for biting an opponent on the field.
Lugano went on to say Suarez "will bounce back as always" and urged the player's family to "continue to be proud of him, he deserves it."
"Nothing will stop us. We will plow ahead with humility, unity, commitment, acknowledging errors and with our heads always held high," said Lugano, who has been on the sidelines since suffering an injury in Uruguay's debut match.
Suarez was suspended from nine games with the national team, and for four months from any football game, according to FIFA's disciplinary committee.
Uruguay next plays Colombia in Rio de Janeiro on Saturday as part of the round of 16.
FIFA determined that Suarez bit Italian midfielder Giorgio Chiellini during a Group D match that Uruguay won 1-0 and that sent the Italians packing.