Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
Sports
Most Searched: Pistorius  Sochi  Li Na  Australian Open  skating  

Ronaldinho admits form slump

English.news.cn   2014-04-18 08:56:00

RIO DE JANEIRO, April 17 (Xinhua) -- Ronaldinho has admitted to performing below expectations as he strives to earn a Brazil recall for this year's World Cup.

The 34-year-old has not played for the Selecao since April last year and is considered a rank outsider to make Luiz Felipe Scolari's 23-man World Cup squad on May 7.

"I agree [about form]. What I am missing most is match fitness," Ronaldinho told Estado de S.Paulo on Thursday.

"I have barely played this season. Now we will get the chance to play a good sequence of matches. I am working hard to return to form and help the team."

The two-time FIFA world player of the year was mostly rested during Atletico Mineiro's campaign in the Minas Gerais state league, which ended last week.

He admits he is still unsure if coach Paulo Autuori will pick him for the club's Brazilian Serie A opener against Corinthians on Sunday.

"Only the manager can say if I'm going to play or not. I am training well and motivated."

Ronaldinho declined to talk about Nicolas Anelka after Atletico ended their pursuit of the Frenchman this week.

The former Barcelona playmaker was reportedly involved in talks to woo his former Paris Saint-Germain teammate to the Brazilian club.

But Atletico called off their interest on Tuesday after Anelka allegedly failed to commit to a deal before an agreed deadline.

"That is a for the club's directors. I'm not going to talk about Anelka," Ronaldinho said.

Editor: Yamei Wang
分享
Related News
Home >> Sports            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top Sports News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011103261332719221