Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
Sports
Most Searched: Australian Open  skating  Snooker  Dakar Rally  NBA  

Brazil prosecutors probe Neymar's Barcelona move

English.news.cn   2014-01-30 11:29:24

SAO PAULO, Jan. 29 (Xinhua) -- Public prosecutors in Brazil have opened an investigation into Barcelona's signing of Neymar last year.

In statement, the public ministry (MPF) of Santos - a branch of Brazil's public prosecutor's office - said it had sought information regarding the tax status of the company belonging to Neymar's father, N&N.

It added that documents sent by Brazil's tax office to the MPF had shown "the existence of tax debts".

"From the information already received by the MPF it is not possible to define the current state of the debt," the statement said.

The investigation centers on claims N&N received 40 million euros after Barcelona allegedly broke an agreement to wait until 2014 to sign the striker from Brazil's Santos.

The MPF also said it would consider collaborating with prosecutors in Spain, who are already probing the case following a civil suit by Barcelona fan Jordi Cases.

The revelations come a day after Neymar Snr admitted to receiving a 10 million-euro downpayment in 2011 to guarantee his son's move to the Camp Nou.

But Neymar Sr denied any irregularities over the 21-year-old's signing last June.

The scandal last week prompted former Barcelona president Sandro Rosell to resign amid claims Barcelona paid above the disclosed transfer figure and misappropriated funds.

Rosell and Barcelona have denied any wrongdoing, saying they paid 57.1 million euros for the Brazilian, as originally reported by media.

Editor: An
Follow Xinhuanet     
分享
Related News
Home >> Sports            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top Science News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011106041330845441