MOSCOW, Oct. 22 (Xinhua) -- Russia's Olympics chief organizer denied Tuesday reports that a torch used during the Sochi games relay had exploded.
Local media reported earlier that a torch blew up in the city of Kostroma burning the relay ceremony, burning a 13-year-old girl.
Dmitry Chernyshenko, organizing committee head of the Sochi games, told local sports media R-sport that nobody got injured during the ceremony.
"There were no burns and the torch didn't blow up in a participant's hands," Chernyshenko said, adding it was a minor flare-up.
Meanwhile, the official said it was an adult staff member of the organizing committee rather than a teenager who got involved in the incident.
Currently, the Olympic torch is on the opening stages of the relay. The Olympic flame will travel more than 65,000 km across Russia's 83 regions spanning 132 cities. It will also dive into the Baikal as well as fly to the space before settling down in Sochi at the opening ceremony of the Games on Feb. 7.