KIEV/MOSCOW, July 9 (Xinhua) -- Kiev will not hold talks with representatives of the self-proclaimed Lugansk and Donetsk People' s republics in southeastern Ukraine, a Ukrainian senior official said Wednesday.
Any consideration of official talks with "terrorists" in the eastern Ukraine would be intolerable to Kiev, said Valery Chaly, deputy chief of the presidential administration.
"The contact group is ready to carry on with consultations, with participation of the Organization of Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), Russian Ambassador Mikhail Zurabov and ex- Ukrainian President Leonid Kuchma," he said.
He accused the separatists in eastern Ukraine of not giving " adequate response", saying that the Ukraine government has carried out all necessary steps for peaceful settlement.
Meanwhile, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said during his phone conversation with his French counterpart Laurent Fabius on Wednesday that "the unconditional and mutually agreed sustainable ceasefire" raised by Kiev is now conditioned by the preliminary requirement for the militias to disarm.
The two ministers agreed that Kiev's practical actions were deviating from the agreements reached by the ministers of foreign affairs of Ukraine, Russia, France, and Germany in Berlin on July 2, according to the statement released by the Russian Foreign Ministry.
Lavrov also said earlier in the day that the Contact Group meeting should be coordinated as soon as possible. He stressed that all members of the contact group should perceive each other as equal participants, not as "people from whom they demand capitulation."
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko Tuesday said he was ready for a dialogue with the militias who are ready to give up arms, start dialogue and support the restoration of peace in the eastern regions.