MADRID, Oct. 8 (Xinhua) -- Teresa Romero, the 44-year-old nursing auxiliary who on Monday was confirmed as the first person to be infected by the Ebola virus outside of Africa gave a short phone interview on Spanish TV network 'Cuatro' on Wednesday lunchtime.
Romero commented that she was feeling "slightly stronger" than she had been and said she was "very grateful" to her companions who were treating her.
However, some of her responses to the questions posed to her will raise further questions over the handling of the case.
When asked about how much training she had been given before treating Ebola patient Manuel Garcia Viejo in the Carlos III Hospital, she replied: "I remember it was just a very short time."
Romero added she had not "undergone any control between starting with the fever" and being diagnosed with the disease, and she confirmed that when she had been taken to the Alcorcon Hospital, where the disease was confirmed, she had travelled in a normal ambulance with two nurses, neither of whom was wearing protective clothing.
She then revealed that she discovered she was infected with the Ebola virus after seeing the news in the online version of the 'El Pais' newspaper which she had read on her mobile phone rather than being informed by medical staff.
The nurse confirmed she had spoken to her husband, who is currently in isolation as a result of his possible exposure to the virus. She said that for the moment he was "fine," but then said that nobody from either the Ministry of Health or the Spanish Government had made an effort to get in contact with her.