CONAKRY, April 2 (Xinhua) -- Guinea has registered 129 cases of the deadly Ebola virus out of which 84 people have so far died, a governmental source said.
Gueckedou prefecture remains the most affected with 79 cases out of which 54 people have died.
Conakry, the capital, has not been spared from the epidemic which has so far claimed four lives out of the 11 reported cases.
The head of the disease control unit, Sakoba Keita, said health authorities were in the process of "containing the epidemic," especially in the hard-hit areas in Guinea Forestiere region.
The government has equally intensified sensitization campaign to ensure the population observe the required hygiene measures such as washing hands with soap.
To contain the disease, authorities have further banned the sale and consumption of bush meat across the entire national territory.