CONAKRY, March 28 (Xinhua) -- The official death toll from the Ebola epidemic in Guinea has risen to 66 people, with one of them in Conakry, an official source said on Thursday.
Dr. Sakoba Keita said Guekedou locality in Guinea Forestiere region was the epicenter of the disease with 69 cases out of which 47 have died. It is followed by Macenta with 21 cases and 10 deaths, Kissidougou with seven cases and five deaths, Kankan with one case and one death while five cases have been reported in Conakry out of which one has died.
Keita said health measures had been taken, especially isolation of those infected and strict application of hygiene and preventive measures.
A team of French, Italian and German medical specialists arrived in Conakry on Thursday, they will test suspected cases in the southern parts of the country that has been hard hit by the disease.
"We want to urge all Guineans to take appropriate preventive measures to halt the chain of transmission of the disease between humans," Keita concluded.