BEIJING, Oct. 1 (Xinhua) -- China's top quarantine authorities on Sunday renewed its order to boost quarantine measures to prevent the entry of a new type of coronavirus following a World Health Organization (WHO) report.
The new coronavirus has left a Qatari citizen dead and a British citizen who had traveled to Saudi Arabia in critical condition in a London hospital, the WHO report said Saturday.
Noting that there is no evidence so far of person to person transmission of the new type of coronavirus, WHO said that no additional confirmed cases have been reported till Saturday.
In a statement, China's General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine again demanded for intensified body temperature monitoring and other medical inspections on travelers from Britain, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
The administration also requires travelers from the three nations to inform China's entry-exit inspection and quarantine institutions immediately if they develop acute respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath.
Coronavirus is a large family of viruses that includes viruses that cause the common cold and severe acute respiratory syndrome.