HOUSTON, Sept. 14 (Xinhua) -- Nine students at a high school in the U.S. state of Oklahoma became ill Friday after ingesting a prescription drug, local media reported.
Authorities confirmed the illness of the nine students at Harrah Junior High School, Oklahoma, Friday morning, according to local TV channel NewsOn6.
Seven of the students were taken to hospitals. All the students were reportedly in stable condition.
According to the Harrah Police Department, the students ingested the drug diazepam, which is a generic form of valium.
It's the second time that students at Harrah Junior High School had overdose on drugs in about two years, according to the report.
In February 2011, a group of students at the same school ingested prescription pills, including Neurontin, which is an anti- seizure medication commonly used for nerve pain and migraines, the report said.
Police arrested two students in connection with the 2011 overdose.