Czech plans future strategy of cyber attacks against enemies

English.news.cn   2014-11-14 04:56:56

PRAGUE, Nov. 13 (Xinhua) -- Czech security forces may carry out cyber attacks against enemies in future, attacking hostile webs or government websites, said Czech National Security Office (NBU) head Dusan Navratil on Thursday at a meeting of the parliamentary defense committee.

Jaroslav Smid from the NBU said at the meeting that it has turned out that in certain cases defence must be approached more actively. He said a similar method has been applied by big powers, but also by Norwegians, the Dutch and the Danes.

A group composed of representatives from Czech military, the military intelligence service (VZ) and the NBU will discuss the issue more thoroughly.

Navratil said that the cyber attacks could be supervised by the VZ, which falls under the Czech Defence Ministry.

Czech Deputy Chief-of-Staff Frantisek Maleninsky confirmed that the NBU, the military command and the VZ command have reached a cyber defence agreement, it will be submitted to the government for approval.

"We are going to focus on a problem that is a nightmare for many countries now," Maleninsky is quoted as saying by the local media. He said that so far it is difficult to say what powers the military would obtain.

Editor: yan
Follow Xinhuanet     
分享
Related News
010020070750000000000000011105521337883081