China strongly condemns Paris attack
                 English.news.cn | 2015-01-08 01:50:03 | Editor: yan

BEIJING, Jan. 7 (Xinhua) -- China strongly condemned a deadly terrorist attack on the offices of a French newspaper in Paris, a Chinese spokesman said on Wednesday.

"We are deeply shocked at the terrorist attack and strongly condemn it," Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said, "We mourn for the victims and express sympathy to the bereaved families and the injured."

The Chinese side firmly opposes all forms of terrorism and supports the efforts made by the French side to safeguard domestic security, Hong added.

Three masked and heavily armed men stormed the offices of the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo in downtown Paris, earlier in the day, killing at least 12 people, including two policemen, and injuring 11 others with four in critical condition.

分享
18-meter-long electric buses debut in Beijing
18-meter-long electric buses debut in Beijing
Giant panda cub "Yuanzai" weaned
Giant panda cub "Yuanzai" weaned
Fire breaks out in NE China flea market
Fire breaks out in NE China flea market
China's express delivery business tops the world
China's express delivery business tops the world
At least 12 dead in Paris newspaper headquarters attack
At least 12 dead in Paris newspaper headquarters attack
At least 5 killed in gun fire in Pakistan's Quetta
At least 5 killed in gun fire in Pakistan's Quetta
Sri Lankans prepare for election on Jan. 8
Sri Lankans prepare for election on Jan. 8
Death toll in Paris shooting rises to 12
Death toll in Paris shooting rises to 12
Back to Top Close
010020070750000000000000011105521339036271