BEIJING, Dec. 22 (Xinhua) -- China is opposed to countries or individuals that launch cyber attacks on a third country from foreign soil, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said Monday.
Hua told a regular press briefing that China opposes all forms of cyber attack and terrorist activities.
She made the remarks in response to the alleged hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE).
Hua said Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi had made China's stance on this issue clear during talks with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry via telephone on Sunday.
Hua said China is prepared to be involved in constructive cooperation with the international community to safeguard peace and security in cyber space on the basis of mutual respect and trust.
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) claimed Friday that what it called "enough information" had been found to conclude that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) was "responsible" for the attack.
The DPRK on Saturday rejected the U.S. accusations and proposed a joint investigation with the United States.
Related:
China against all forms of cyber attacks, cyberterrorism: FM
BEIJING, Dec. 22 (Xinhua) -- China is against all forms of cyber attacks and cyberterrorism, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi told his U.S. counterpart John Kerry during a phone conversation late Sunday.
Wang made the remarks after Kerry briefed him on his views on the recent cyber attack on Sony Pictures. Full Story
Obama: cyber attack on Sony not "act of war"
WASHINGTON, Dec. 21 (Xinhua) -- President Barack Obama said Sunday that he regards the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) as an "act of cyber vandalism" rather than an "act of war," while reiterating the U.S. will respond proportionately.
"No, I don't think it was an act of war. I think it was an act of cyber vandalism that was very costly, very expensive. We take it very seriously. We will respond proportionately," Obama told CNN's Candy Crowley, anchor of the Sunday program "State of the Union," in an interview taped Friday. Full Story
U.S. claims DPRK "responsible for" Sony cyber attack
WASHINGTON, Dec. 19 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) claimed Friday that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) was "responsible for" the cyber attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE).
The FBI said in a statement its investigation found what it called "enough information" to support the conclusion, including linking the so-called data deletion malware used in this attack to "other malware that the FBI knows North Korean actors previously developed." Full story