Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
China
Most Searched: anti-Japanese  Diaoyu Islands  meat scandal  Mass line  Two sessions  

Mexico revokes high-speed rail deal with Chinese-led consortium

English.news.cn   2014-11-07 19:10:08

MEXICO CITY, Nov. 6 (Xinhua) -- Mexico has annulled a deal with a Chinese-led consortium over its first high-speed railway project due to public concerns about the bidding process, the Ministry of Communications and Transport said Thursday.

The government will hold a new auction for the multi-billion-U.S.-dollar project linking Mexico City with the industrial hub of Queretaro, so as to give more train manufacturers time to make proposals, the ministry said in a statement.

Earlier this week, a consortium comprising China Railway Construction Corporation and several Mexican construction firms won the bid.

The bidding was legitimate, the statement said, adding that President Enrique Pena Nieto's decision to scrap the deal was aimed at expelling any public doubts on the project.

Editor: Fu Peng
分享
Related News
Home >> China            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top China News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011100001337732921