Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
China
Most Searched: anti-Japanese  Diaoyu Islands  meat scandal  Mass line  Two sessions  

China gets ready for Ebola

English.news.cn   2014-10-20 19:01:35

BEIJING, Oct. 20 (Xinhua) -- China's health authorities urged local health administrative departments and hospitals to fully prepare for potential Ebola cases on Monday, as the virus keeps spreading.

Hospitals designated to treat Ebola cases should secure supplies of apparatus, medicines, disinfectants and protective gear for necessary treatment as well as ambulances for patient transfers, the National Health and Family Planning Commission said in a statement.

Hospitals were urged to map out detailed work flows to guide medical workers as emergency responses to the virus, it said, stressing effective quarantine measures and safe disposals of medical wastes.

According to the commission, health institutes should have ample research facilities and materials for Ebola case analysis.

So far, no confirmed Ebola cases have been reported in China.

A total of 9,191 Ebola cases had been reported in West Africa, with 4,546 deaths, according to the latest figures from the World Health Organization.

Related:

WHO declares Nigeria officially Ebola free

ABUJA, Oct. 20 (Xinhua) -- The World Health Organization (WHO) officially declared Nigeria Ebola free on Monday, after no new cases were confirmed in the past 42 days.

WHO Country Representative in Nigeria Rui Dama Gaz made the announcement at an ongoing event in the Nigerian capital Abuja. Full story

China Focus: China's Ebola aid "timely," additional help needed: WFP

BEIJING, Oct. 20 (Xinhua) -- The Chinese government's contribution to the Ebola emergency operation of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) was "timely", but more financial and food assistance is needed to combat the unprecedented epidemic outbreak, a WFP official said on Monday.

Earlier this month, China pledged 6 million U.S. dollars to assist 1.3 million people impacted by the Ebola virus outbreak in the three most-affected countries -- Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. Full story

Ebola watch list shrinks as U.S. authorities ratchet up response

HOUSTON, Oct. 19 (Xinhua) -- The first group of people monitored for Ebola in the United States will clear the three-week observation period midnight Sunday, with none exhibiting symptoms, as the federal authorities and Pentagon are ratcheting up responses to fight the deadly disease.

More than 200 people in the country are on the watch list for potentially coming into contact with three confirmed Ebola patients, namely a Liberian visitor and two nurses who treated him. Full story

Editor: Tang Danlu
分享
Related News
Home >> China            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top China News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011108951337300491