|Photo taken on July 15, 2014 shows the burned bus in Guangzhou, capital of south China's Guangdong Province. Two people died and at least six others were injured in a bus explosion in Guangzhou Tuesday evening, police said. (Xinhua/Fu Qing)
GUANGZHOU, July 15 (Xinhua) -- Two people died and at least six others were injured in a bus explosion in Guangzhou Tuesday evening, police said.
The blast went off on a bus that was in service on route 301 at around 7:30 p.m., a spokesman with Guangzhou's public security bureau said.
He said the flames had been put out and all the injured passengers were in hospital.
Photos posted at Weibo.com showed high flames and only a wreckage of the bus.
A witness said the fully-packed bus had pulled over at Nandunhe stop on Guangzhou Avenue when the blast happened.
Some passengers hurried out of the bus, while others were still on board. "I heard a bang, and in five minutes, the bus was reduced to a frame," said a passenger who escaped the bus.
The blast and flames injured also passengers who were waiting at the bus stop.
Bus 301 runs on Guangzhou Avenue, a pivotal road linking the northern and southern parts of the city.