|Rescuers carry a young woman who was buried in rubbles after a residential building collapsed in Fenghua, east China's Zhejiang Province, April 4, 2014. (Xinhua/Han Chuanhao)
More photos >>
HANGZHOU, April 4 (Xinhua) -- Two more people have been rescued from the rubble of a residential building that collapsed in Fenghua City in east China's Zhejiang Province on Friday morning.
Five others had been pulled from the debris as of 12:30 p.m. Among them, a 68-year-old man died after emergency treatment.
The local government provided relocation allowances for affected families, and arranged accommodation for people with particular difficulty in local hotels, said Zhuo Houjia, a deputy mayor of Fenghua, at a press conference Friday night.
The five-storey building with 15 apartments in Jujing Community collapsed at around 9 a.m., sources with Fenghua government said.
During a citywide building safety inspection late last year, the building was identified as dangerous. The warning resulted in a reinforcement, but was not enough to call for an evacuation, according to Zhuo Houjia.
One person was confirmed dead and six others were injured in the collapse. Rescuers are still doing cleanup work to prevent a secondary collapse, and an investigation team has been set up to look into the cause of the collapse, Zhuo said.