WASHINGTON, March 19 (Xinhua) -- The United States and China are both working with the Malaysian government in the search for the missing Malaysian airliner MH370, the U.S. State Department said on Wednesday.
The Malaysian government has the lead and is the coordinating body, said State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki at a press briefing.
It has been 12 days since the plane disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing shortly after taking off on March 8. No trace of the plane has been found despite a multinational search effort.
The United States has put forward a number of resources toward the effort of finding the plane, said Psaki.
"I'm not going to go into more details about what information is being shared," she added.
U.S. President Barack Obama said on Wednesday that U.S. has put "every resource" available to help in the search efforts for the plane and considers it "a top priority."
It was Obama's first public comments on the event since the plane carrying 239 people went missing.
Related:
Chinese vessels set out for new search areas for MH370, no clues found so far
BEIJING, March 19 (Xinhua) -- Chinese vessels set on Wednesday for new search areas to hunt the missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner when a multinational search mission for MH370 enters its 12th day.
Nine vessels, including China's largest rescue ship Haixun 01, will sail off from Singapore to waters southeast of the Bay of Bengal and west of Indonesia, covering an area of 300,000 square km, said China national maritime search and rescue center.Full story
Cambodia expresses sympathy to families of passengers in missing Malaysian flight
PHNOM PENH, March 19 (Xinhua) -- Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Hor Namhong on Wednesday extended his deep sympathy to the families of the passengers on board the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370.
The flight disappeared over south Vietnam on March 8.Full story
Search for MH370 in S.Indian Ocean continues in Australian search, rescue region
SYDNEY, March 19 (Xinhua) -- The search operation for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 in the Southern Indian Ocean has continued in the Australian Search and Rescue Region, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) said on Wednesday.
AMSA said Wednesday's search was focused on an area of 305,000 square km about 2,600 km south-west of Perth.Full story
