|Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev (L) joins in an online chat with Internet users from across China via Xinhuanet.com, the official website of Xinhua News Agency, in Beijing, capital of China, Oct. 22, 2013. (Xinhua/Lan Hongguang)
BEIJING, Oct. 22 (Xinhua) -- Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, who is on a two-day official visit to China, said the two countries on Tuesday signed an agreement by which Russia will supply an additional 10 million tonnes of crude oil to China each year over the next 10 years.
"(We) will supply an additional 10 million tonnes of crude oil each year (to China), which will be done by Russia's biggest oil company Rosneft. It means 100 million tonnes in the next 10 years, worth a total of 85 billion U.S. dollars," Medvedev said during an online chat with netizens from across China via Xinhuanet.com, the official website of Xinhua.
"It is a big sum of money to any country, even to China. It testifies to the fact that we have reached a higher and a brand new level of cooperation," he said.
Earlier in the day, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and Medvedev co-chaired the 18th regular meeting between the Chinese and Russian heads of government to boost bilateral ties. They also witnessed the signing of an array of documents.
Another example of Russian-Sino cooperation, Medvedev said, was that the two countries will jointly construct a joint-venture oil refinery in Tianjin, which will be able to refine 16 million tonnes of crude oil each year.
"It is a high-tech project, which will employ the most advanced oil refinery technologies," he said.
The Tianjin refinery is jointly set up by China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), the country's largest oil and gas producer and supplier, and Rosneft. CNPC holds a 49 percent stake while Rosneft holds the remaining 51 percent.
Chinese official statistics showed China imported 24.33 million tonnes of crude oil from Russia in 2012.
In June, CNPC and Rosneft signed a long-term agreement in St Petersburg for oil deliveries, involving supplies of 365 million tonnes of oil to China in the next 25 years, with an estimated value of 270 billion U.S. dollars.
Profile: Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev
Russian PM visits Xinhua to chat with Chinese netizens
BEIJING, Oct. 22 (Xinhua) -- Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev arrived at Xinhua News Agency Tuesday afternoon to hold an online chat with Internet users from across China via Xinhuanet.com, the official website of Xinhua.Full story
Li-Medvedev meeting to boost cooperation
BEIJING, Oct. 21 (Xinhua) -- The upcoming meeting between the Chinese and Russian heads of government will promote implementation of bilateral pragmatic cooperation, Russian ambassador to China Andrei Denisov told Xinhua.
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev will pay an official visit to China from Oct. 22 to 23 as a guest of Chinese Premier Li Keqiang. During Medvedev's stay in Beijing, he and Li will co-chair the 18th regular meeting between the Chinese and Russian heads of government. Full story
Commentary: Golden opportunity to hone world-defining China-Russia partnership
BEIJING, Oct. 22 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang hosts his Russian counterpart, Dmitry Medvedev, here Tuesday in a gathering of enormous significance to the further deepening of bilateral cooperation.
Li and Medvedev will hold the 18th regular meeting of the Chinese and Russian heads of government, the first since China's new leadership took office in March, and the latter is also scheduled to meet President Xi Jinping and other Chinese leaders. Full story
China, Russia agree to push forward pragmatic cooperation
Xi'an, Oct. 18 (Xinhua) -- China and Russia on Friday agreed to expand pragmatic cooperation in a number of fields as senior officials held meetings in Xi'an, capital city of northwest China's Shaanxi Province.
Chinese Vice Premier Wang Yang and his Russian counterpart Dmitry Rogozin co-chaired the 17th meeting of the joint commission for the regular meetings of heads of government of China and Russia.Full story
Special Reports: Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev gives online interview at Xinhuanet