Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
China
Most Searched: Bo Xilai  Floods  Chinese dream  Cyber security  Li Keqiang   

7 confirmed dead in China's flooded colliery

English.news.cn   2013-10-21 01:59:11            

GUIYANG, Oct. 20 (Xinhua) -- Seven miners who had been trapped in a flooded coal mine were confirmed to be dead in southwest China's Guizhou Province, authorities said Sunday.

Rescue work completed on Sunday evening, ten days after the accident happened at the Dachong Coal Mine in Changtian Township, Huishui County, said a spokesman with the Huishui County Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC).

Relevant responsible officials, including head and CPC secretary of the township and chief of the county's work safety supervision bureau, were sacked or suspended from duty for investigation.

The flooding occurred around 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 11 when 33 miners were working underground. Twenty-six managed to escape, and seven others were submerged by water.

The licensed mine has an annual production capacity of 90,000 tonnes.

Further investigation is underway.

Editor: Mu Xuequan
分享
Related News
Home >> China            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top China News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011105091255675691