KABUL, Aug. 10 (Xinhua) -- One of the two missing Chinese citizens in Thursday's attack had been found alive and transferred to a safe place, another one remained missing and searching is underway, the Chinese Embassy in Kabul said Saturday.
Three Chinese citizens, one male and two female, were killed Thursday in an apartment building in central Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, which marked the first such incident in recent years in this war-torn nation.
The body of an Afghan male was also found at the criminal scene.
All the five Chinese victims are self-employed business people, the embassy confirmed.
According to the embassy, the two female victims were killed accidentally when they stopped by the apartment and met the criminals inside.
After the attack on Chinese citizens, the Chinese Embassy immediately urged the Afghan government to take all practical and necessary measures to arrest the perpetrators and ensure the security of Chinese citizens and institutions in Afghanistan.
Meanwhile, an official with the Afghan Interior Ministry described the bloody incident as a criminal act.
"Unidentified armed men sneaked into the apartment of the Chinese nationals in Qalai Fatullah area of the 4th police district on Thursday afternoon, killing four people including three Chinese and their Afghan guard," the official told Xinhua but declined to be named.
Photos >> 3 Chinese citizens killed, 2 missing in Kabul
Video >> 3 Chinese citizens killed, 2 missing in Afghanistan: Chinese embassy
Chinese national found alive in Afghanistan escapes by himself: Chinese embassy
KABUL, Aug. 11 (Xinhua) -- The Chinese national found alive during Thursday's attack in central Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, managed to escape on his own and received help from American troops, the Chinese Embassy in Kabul confirmed with Xinhua here Sunday.
Three Chinese nationals were killed and another two went missing in the attack on Thursday. Later, one of the missing Chinese was found alive and transferred to a safe place by the Chinese Embassy in Afghanistan. Full story
Searching on missing Chinese in Afghanistan attack still underway: embassy
KABUL, Aug. 10 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Embassy to Afghanistan had confirmed with Xinhua here late Saturday that searching on the final missing Chinese citizen during the Thursday attack in Afghanistan's capital of Kabul is still underway.
Two of the missing Chinese nationals are both male, and one of them had been found alive and transferred to a safe place. Afghan police is making all efforts in searching the other one, the embassy confirmed, adding that the where-about of the missing one is unclear yet. Full story