China

Chinese man detained over missing of at least seven teenagers in SW China

English.news.cn   2012-05-10 11:31:54

KUNMING, May 9 (Xinhua) -- A 56-year-old man has been detained in southwest China's Yunnan Province who was implicated in the missing of at least seven teenagers -- including a boy confirmed murdered, local police announced Wednesday.

Local police launched an investigation after media reported last week that seven or eight teenagers have been missing near the village of Nanmen in the Jincheng Township of Jinning County in Kunming, capital of Yunnan Province, over recent years, a spokesman with the Kunming Municipal Public Security Bureau said.

Among the missing youngsters, a boy, identified as Han Yao, from a nearby village has been confirmed murdered, the spokesman said.

The boy's telephone card, bank card and other cards were found in the home of 56-year-old Zhang Yongming from Nanmen Village, the spokesman said.

Han went missing on April 25, and his mother Chen Lianyan learned from nearby villagers that several teenagers had also been missing near the Nanmen Village, Cheng told Xinhua Wednesday.

Zhang was believed to be connected with the missing of other youngsters, whose whereabouts and condition are unknown.

He is being questioned by police, the spokesman said.

Editor: Luan
Related News
Home >> China