Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
Business

Britain's Rolls-Royce to cut 2,600 jobs

English.news.cn   2014-11-05 08:35:10

LONDON, Nov. 4 (Xinhua) -- Rolls-Royce Holdings plc, a Britain-based engineering group, Tuesday announced that it is planning to eliminate 2,600 jobs over the next 18 months.

The majority of the jobs reduction will be achieved in 2015, and around half of the cost of the job cuts will be accrued this year, subject to consultation with employees, said Rolls-Royce.

John Rishton, Chief Executive Officer of Rolls-Royce, said: " We are taking determined management action and accelerating our progress on cost. The measures announced today will not be the last, however they will contribute towards Rolls-Royce becoming a stronger and more profitable company."

"We will work closely with employees and their representatives to achieve the necessary reductions on a voluntary basis where possible, while making sure we retain the skills needed for the future," he said.

Last month, the second-biggest maker of aircraft engines warned that its underlying revenues for this year would be 3.5 percent to 4 percent lower than the previous expectation.

Editor: An
分享
Related News
Home >> Business            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top Biz News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011106041337661341