PARIS, Jan. 16 (Xinhua) -- The French government targeted to create 1.8 million new posts thanks to the "responsibility pact" next five years, Arnaud Montebourg, French minister of industrial recovery said Thursday.
"To bring the unemployment rate down to 7 percent by 2018, we should create 1.8 million jobs over the next five years," said the minister during his New Year address to media.
He considered "not enough" the creation of 1 million jobs promised by Medef, France's main employers' organization in turn of enjoying 100 billion-euro (136 billion U.S. dollar)-cut in the labor charges.
On Tuesday, French President Francois Hollande unveiled a new device to gain his battle against unemployment based on reducing labor costs and simplifying administrative procedures.
Earlier on the day, French central bank governor Christian Noyer urged the implementation of Hollande's pact, according to him "exactly what is needed to get growth going," and create jobs as soon as this year.
French Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault will meet trade unions and employers' organizations on Jan. 27 to kick off works on the "responsibility pact." ( 1 euro = 1.36 U.S. dollar)