Africa  

Italian technician kidnapped in Libya freed

English.news.cn   2014-11-13 19:31:09            

ROME, Nov. 13 (Xinhua) -- An Italian technician kidnapped in Libya last July was freed, Italy's foreign minister Paolo Gentiloni said in a statement on Thursday.

Marco Vallisa, a 54-year-old construction engineer, had been abducted on July 5 together with two colleagues from Bosnia and Macedonia in the port city of Zuwara, in north-western Libya, while working on a building suite with Italian Piacentini Costruzioni Company.

The technician's two colleagues were then released a few days later.

A statement from Italian foreign ministry said early on Thursday that Vallisa was "on his way home" but didn't specify the details of how Vallisa was freed.

Gentiloni said that Vallisa's release was resulted from "an efficient and patient teamwork" of the foreign ministry's emergency unit, the Italian intelligence services and the Italian embassy in Tripoli.

Five Italians still remain in abduction in the war-inflicted regions of Syria, Afghanistan and Libya, Italian media recalled on Thursday.

 
Editor: Luan
分享
Related News
Home >> Africa            
010020070750000000000000011100001337879711