Guinea reports 495 Ebola cases, with 367 deaths   2014-08-09 17:31:49            

CONAKRY, Aug. 9 (Xinhua) -- The latest data on the Ebola epidemic in Guinea showed that the number of cases has risen to 495 with 367 deaths, a source from the health ministry said on Friday.

To date, 94 patients have been discharged from health centers across the country, while 19 remain hospitalized, the source added.

In the southern town of Gueckedou which was the most affected, there were nine cases, against seven cases in the capital Conakry in the past one week.

However, the health ministry official said there was no new Ebola case reported this week in the seven interior regions that had been affected such as Telimele, Kissidougou, Macenta, Dabola, Dinguiraye, Kouroussa and Boffa.

Editor: Tang Danlu
Related News
Home >> Africa