TRIPOLI, Aug. 1 (Xinhua) -- The Chinese embassy in Libya facilitated the evacuation of 508 Chinese nationals out of the warring Middle East country on Friday.
However, around 340 Chinese nationals are still remaining in Libya, said Xiao Wensheng, a commercial counselor in the embassy.
Xiao said by 5:00 p.m. local time (1500 GMT) of Friday, some 411 Chinese have arrived at the Ras Jadir border control between Tunisia and Libya waiting for departure clearance, while another 97 are on their way.
Earlier on Thursday the Chinese embassy in Libya successfully assisted 222 Chinese nationals out of Libya.
China issued warnings to its nationals in Libya on Monday, urging them to leave the country "as soon as possible," citing the deteriorating security situation on the ground.
Clashes between rival militias in the Libyan capital Tripoli and the eastern city Benghazi have left at least 214 people dead and 981 others wounded since July 13. Many feared that the fierce fighting might turn into a full-fledged civil war.