KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 20 (Xinhua) -- One Malaysian is feared dead while the fate of another unknown in the bloody hostage crisis in Algeria that supposedly ended on Saturday, Malaysia's Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Sunday.
The statement said the Malaysian embassy in Algeria had been informed by the employer of the two Malaysians, Japanese firm JGC Construction Pte Ltd that "there is a worrying possibility that one of the two Malaysians unaccounted for is dead".
The ministry is currently making arrangements to repatriate three other Malaysians who were safe in the siege.
The three have been transferred from Amenas Facility Complex to Algiers, the capital of Algeria.
Algerian forces on Saturday launched the "last assault" on the Amenas gas field held under siege by Islamist militants, ending a four-day hostage crisis.
Algerian officials said at least 23 hostages and 32 militants had been killed since gunmen stormed the complex before dawn Wednesday.
Details of the siege and on the nationalities of the hostages killed remained unclear.