DPRK seems set to launch Musudan ballistic missile: S.Korean media
Source: Xinhua   2016-04-26 12:15:25

SEOUL, April 26 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) seems set to launch another Musudan intermediate-range ballistic missile after its estimated failure 11 days ago, Yonhap news agency reported Tuesday citing South Korean government officials.

An unidentified official was quoted as saying that signs emerged for the DPRK to launch another Musudan missile, with which Pyongyang failed in its test-firing on April 15.

Among the two Musudan missiles, which the DPRK forces put in place for the test-firing, the remaining one seems to have been on standby for another launch after the first one failed, the official said.

On April 15, the DPRK launched a Musudan missile, capable of targeting part of the U.S. territory such as Guam and the outer reaches of Alaska, from a mobile launcher.

The launch was estimated by the South Korean military to have failed as the missile disappeared from a radar screen several seconds after liftoff, indicating an explosion in mid-air.

It marked the first time that the DPRK test-fired the mobile Musudan ballistic missile though it was an abortive launch. Pyongyang has allegedly deployed the missiles since 2007.

Another government official was quoted as saying that the military authorities are seeing a high possibility for the DPRK to conduct the test-firing again of the Musudan missile in the near future.

Concerns spread here about the DPRK's another nuclear test and ballistic missile launch since top DPRK leader Kim Jong Un gave orders on March 15 to test a nuclear warhead and ballistic rockets capable of carrying the warhead.

The DPRK's official news agency reported on Sunday about the successful launch of a submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM). South Korea's military said that the missile, launched on Saturday, flew about 30 km and has partially advanced in its technology.

The DPRK is feared to carry out its fifth nuclear test or another ballistic missile launch ahead of the historic ruling Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) congress scheduled for early May, the first since 1980.

Defense Ministry spokesman Moon Sang-Kyun told a press briefing that the DPRK can conduct another nuclear test at any time when its leadership determines, saying Pyongyang can stage a surprise nuclear test at any time to implement Kim's order on March 15.

South Korea's military has been closely monitoring the moves at a main DPRK nuclear test site in Punggye-ri in northeastern DPRK where all of the country's four nuclear tests were conducted. The latest one happened in January this year.

The movement of personnel and vehicles at the Punggye-ri test site has recently increased two to three times more than last month, indicating a preparation for another nuclear test. Some local media reported that the DPRK had already completed preparations for another test.

Related:

DPRK announces successful test of submarine-launched ballistic missile

PYONGYANG, April 24 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) announced successful underwater test-fire of strategic submarine ballistic missile and the top leader Kim Jong Un guided the test, the official KCNA news agency reported Sunday.

The test-fire aimed to "confirm the stability of the underwater ballistic launching system in the maximum depth of waters, flying kinetic feature under the vertical flight system of the ballistic missile powered by the newly developed high-power solid fuel engine, the reliability of the phased heat separation and the working accuracy of nuclear detonating device of the warhead."  Full story

UN Security Council slams DPRK submarine missile test

UNITED NATIONS, April 24 (Xinhua) -- The UN Security Council on Sunday "strongly" condemned Saturday's submarine-launched ballistic missile test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK).

"This incident constituted yet another serious violation by the DPRK of United Nations Security Council resolutions 1718 (2006), 1874 (2009), 2087 (2013), 2094 (2013) and 2270 (2016)," the Security Council said in a statement issued to the press here. "The members of the Security Council emphasized that the DPRK's development and testing of new ballistic missile capabilities, even if launches are failures, is clearly prohibited by these resolutions."  Full story

France calls for more EU sanctions against DPRK after missile test

PARIS, April 24 (Xinhua) -- France has urged its European partners to adopt additional sanctions against the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) after Pyongyang test-fired a submarine-launched ballistic missile.

In a statement released late Saturday, a Foreign Ministry spokesman urged "a firm and united reaction so that North Korea stops its provocations and abandon, irreversibly, its nuclear and missile program."  Full story

S. Korea denounces DPRK's missile launch as violation of UN resolutions

SEOUL, April 24 (Xinhua) -- South Korea on Sunday strongly denounced the Democratic People's Republic of Korea's (DPRK) launch of a ballistic missile from a submarine in what Seoul said was a clear violation of UN Security Council resolutions.

Seoul's foreign ministry said in a statement that the government strongly condemned the DPRK's test-firing of a submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) Saturday in eastern waters off the DPRK's coastal town of Sinpo. Full story

Spotlight: DPRK announces firing of submarine-launched ballistic missile

PYONGYANG, April 24 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) announced that it has successfully launched a ballistic missile from a submarine, the official KCNA news agency reported Sunday.

DPRK top leader Kim Jong Un guided the test, the KCNA reported. Full story

Editor: Hou Qiang
Related News
Xinhuanet

DPRK seems set to launch Musudan ballistic missile: S.Korean media

Source: Xinhua 2016-04-26 12:15:25
[Editor: huaxia]

SEOUL, April 26 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) seems set to launch another Musudan intermediate-range ballistic missile after its estimated failure 11 days ago, Yonhap news agency reported Tuesday citing South Korean government officials.

An unidentified official was quoted as saying that signs emerged for the DPRK to launch another Musudan missile, with which Pyongyang failed in its test-firing on April 15.

Among the two Musudan missiles, which the DPRK forces put in place for the test-firing, the remaining one seems to have been on standby for another launch after the first one failed, the official said.

On April 15, the DPRK launched a Musudan missile, capable of targeting part of the U.S. territory such as Guam and the outer reaches of Alaska, from a mobile launcher.

The launch was estimated by the South Korean military to have failed as the missile disappeared from a radar screen several seconds after liftoff, indicating an explosion in mid-air.

It marked the first time that the DPRK test-fired the mobile Musudan ballistic missile though it was an abortive launch. Pyongyang has allegedly deployed the missiles since 2007.

Another government official was quoted as saying that the military authorities are seeing a high possibility for the DPRK to conduct the test-firing again of the Musudan missile in the near future.

Concerns spread here about the DPRK's another nuclear test and ballistic missile launch since top DPRK leader Kim Jong Un gave orders on March 15 to test a nuclear warhead and ballistic rockets capable of carrying the warhead.

The DPRK's official news agency reported on Sunday about the successful launch of a submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM). South Korea's military said that the missile, launched on Saturday, flew about 30 km and has partially advanced in its technology.

The DPRK is feared to carry out its fifth nuclear test or another ballistic missile launch ahead of the historic ruling Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) congress scheduled for early May, the first since 1980.

Defense Ministry spokesman Moon Sang-Kyun told a press briefing that the DPRK can conduct another nuclear test at any time when its leadership determines, saying Pyongyang can stage a surprise nuclear test at any time to implement Kim's order on March 15.

South Korea's military has been closely monitoring the moves at a main DPRK nuclear test site in Punggye-ri in northeastern DPRK where all of the country's four nuclear tests were conducted. The latest one happened in January this year.

The movement of personnel and vehicles at the Punggye-ri test site has recently increased two to three times more than last month, indicating a preparation for another nuclear test. Some local media reported that the DPRK had already completed preparations for another test.

Related:

DPRK announces successful test of submarine-launched ballistic missile

PYONGYANG, April 24 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) announced successful underwater test-fire of strategic submarine ballistic missile and the top leader Kim Jong Un guided the test, the official KCNA news agency reported Sunday.

The test-fire aimed to "confirm the stability of the underwater ballistic launching system in the maximum depth of waters, flying kinetic feature under the vertical flight system of the ballistic missile powered by the newly developed high-power solid fuel engine, the reliability of the phased heat separation and the working accuracy of nuclear detonating device of the warhead."  Full story

UN Security Council slams DPRK submarine missile test

UNITED NATIONS, April 24 (Xinhua) -- The UN Security Council on Sunday "strongly" condemned Saturday's submarine-launched ballistic missile test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK).

"This incident constituted yet another serious violation by the DPRK of United Nations Security Council resolutions 1718 (2006), 1874 (2009), 2087 (2013), 2094 (2013) and 2270 (2016)," the Security Council said in a statement issued to the press here. "The members of the Security Council emphasized that the DPRK's development and testing of new ballistic missile capabilities, even if launches are failures, is clearly prohibited by these resolutions."  Full story

France calls for more EU sanctions against DPRK after missile test

PARIS, April 24 (Xinhua) -- France has urged its European partners to adopt additional sanctions against the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) after Pyongyang test-fired a submarine-launched ballistic missile.

In a statement released late Saturday, a Foreign Ministry spokesman urged "a firm and united reaction so that North Korea stops its provocations and abandon, irreversibly, its nuclear and missile program."  Full story

S. Korea denounces DPRK's missile launch as violation of UN resolutions

SEOUL, April 24 (Xinhua) -- South Korea on Sunday strongly denounced the Democratic People's Republic of Korea's (DPRK) launch of a ballistic missile from a submarine in what Seoul said was a clear violation of UN Security Council resolutions.

Seoul's foreign ministry said in a statement that the government strongly condemned the DPRK's test-firing of a submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) Saturday in eastern waters off the DPRK's coastal town of Sinpo. Full story

Spotlight: DPRK announces firing of submarine-launched ballistic missile

PYONGYANG, April 24 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) announced that it has successfully launched a ballistic missile from a submarine, the official KCNA news agency reported Sunday.

DPRK top leader Kim Jong Un guided the test, the KCNA reported. Full story

[Editor: huaxia]
010020070750000000000000011100001353130351