
An Egyptian soldier stands on a road after ambulances, which carry the bodies of Russian victims of a Russian passenger airplane crash, left for Cabreet Army Airport, 150 km northeast of Cairo, Egypt, on Oct. 31, 2015. Egypt said 45 dead bodies have been transferred to a morgue in Cairo on Saturday evening. A Russian airliner carrying 224 people crashed early Saturday in Sinai, Egypt, currently with no survivors reported now, while the terrorist group Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility. (Xinhua/Ahmed Gomaa)
CAIRO, Oct. 31 (Xinhua) -- An Egyptian IS-affiliated terror group claimed responsibility for the crash of a Russian plane in Egypt's Sinai that took place earlier on Saturday and left no survivors, the group said in a statement on its Twitter account.
Related:
Putin gives order to take urgent measures on Russian plane crash in Egypt
MOSCOW, Oct. 31 (Xinhua) -- Russian President Vladimir Putin on Saturday ordered Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to create a state commission in response to the crash of a Russian airliner in Egypt, according to the Kremlin.
Putin also ordered the Emergency Situations Ministry to send an aircraft to the crash site after coordinating with the Egyptian side.
Meanwhile, Medvedev asked Transport Minister Maxim Sokolov to fly to Cairo, Egypt's capital, to organize all necessary work with regard to the plane crash.Full Story
Israeli military helps locate wreckage of Russian plane
JERUSALEM, Oct. 31 (Xinhua) -- The Israeli military said on Saturday it has helped Egypt and Russia locate the remains of a Russian airplane that crashed over the Sinai Peninsula Saturday and will continue to assist both countries if needed.Full Story
Wreckage of crashed Russian plane located in Egypt's Sinai
CAIRO, Oct. 31 (Xinhua) -- Egypt's Civil Aviation Ministry said that military planes have spotted the wreckage of a Russian plane that crashed earlier on Saturday in central Sinai with 224 passengers and crew on board.Full Story









