Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
Most Searched: Refugee  AIIB  Syria  IS  V-Day parade  

Seven candidates to run for FIFA presidency

English.news.cn   2015-10-28 20:10:46

PARIS, Oct. 28 (Xinhua) -- Football's world-governing body FIFA announced that it had confirmed seven candidates to run in its election for a new president next year.

FIFA published this list on Wednesday. The seven candidates for the Feb. 26 election are: Michel Platini, Prince Ali bin al-Hussein, Gianni Infantino, Tokyo Sexwale, Musa Bility, Jerome Champagne and Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa.

The list does not include former Trinidad and Tobago footballer David Nakhid, who announced last week that he had submitted his candidacy.

FIFA's three-man election panel, led by audit committee chairman Domenico Scala, will announce next month which of the seven candidates have been officially accepted after integrity checks by the FIFA ethics committee.

Related:

Zico pulls out of FIFA presidential bid

RIO DE JANEIRO, Oct. 26 (Xinhua) -- Brazil great Zico on Monday ruled himself out of the running for president of football's world governing body FIFA due to a lack of support.

The 62-year-old told local media that he failed to receive the required backing of five national federations. Full story

S. African former minister vying to become FIFA president By Stanley Karombo

JOHANNESBURG, Oct. 26 (Xinhua) -- South African former minister of human settlements and anti-apartheid stalwart, Tokyo Sexwale has thrown his hat in the ring for FIFA President to replace outgoing Sepp Blatter.

Sexwale confirmed to Xinhua on Monday that he wants to join the race, and has already met Monday's deadline for submission of candidature papers. Full story

Editor: hanyang
Related News
           
Photos  >>
Video  >>
  Special Reports  >>
Xinhuanet

Seven candidates to run for FIFA presidency

English.news.cn 2015-10-28 20:10:46

PARIS, Oct. 28 (Xinhua) -- Football's world-governing body FIFA announced that it had confirmed seven candidates to run in its election for a new president next year.

FIFA published this list on Wednesday. The seven candidates for the Feb. 26 election are: Michel Platini, Prince Ali bin al-Hussein, Gianni Infantino, Tokyo Sexwale, Musa Bility, Jerome Champagne and Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa.

The list does not include former Trinidad and Tobago footballer David Nakhid, who announced last week that he had submitted his candidacy.

FIFA's three-man election panel, led by audit committee chairman Domenico Scala, will announce next month which of the seven candidates have been officially accepted after integrity checks by the FIFA ethics committee.

Related:

Zico pulls out of FIFA presidential bid

RIO DE JANEIRO, Oct. 26 (Xinhua) -- Brazil great Zico on Monday ruled himself out of the running for president of football's world governing body FIFA due to a lack of support.

The 62-year-old told local media that he failed to receive the required backing of five national federations. Full story

S. African former minister vying to become FIFA president By Stanley Karombo

JOHANNESBURG, Oct. 26 (Xinhua) -- South African former minister of human settlements and anti-apartheid stalwart, Tokyo Sexwale has thrown his hat in the ring for FIFA President to replace outgoing Sepp Blatter.

Sexwale confirmed to Xinhua on Monday that he wants to join the race, and has already met Monday's deadline for submission of candidature papers. Full story

[Editor: huaxia]
010020070750000000000000011100001347597871