ISTANBUL, Oct. 19 (Xinhua) -- Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said on Monday that one of the suicide bombers who carried out twin bombings in the capital city of Ankara on Oct. 10 has been identified.
In an interview with Turkey's AHaber TV, Davutoglu did not disclose the bomber's name. He said the investigation into the other bomber is continuing.
A total of 102 people were killed in Ankara when a peace rally was targeted by the two bombers, marking the deadliest terror attack in modern Turkey's history and laying bare a deeply divided country in the run-up to a snap parliamentary election scheduled for Nov. 1.
Government officials have pointed fingers at Islamic State (IS) and the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) for the attack.
Ankara joined the U.S.-led bombing raids on IS in July and allowed the coalition to use its bases. It also renewed fighting with the outlawed PKK at the same time following a two-and-a-half-year peace process.
Davutoglu said 15 persons had been detained over the bombings, with four of them remanded in custody.
A total of 53 suspected IS militants were detained on Sunday in basement apartments in Istanbul's Pendik and Basaksehir districts, the Vatan daily reported.
Of the suspects, 24 are of Uzbek and Tajik origins, while 23 are children aged below 18 who were trained at the basement apartments, the report said.
It said the suspects were about to join IS in Syria and Iraq in a short time period.
Turkey has stepped up anti-terror operations across the country following the Ankara bombings.










