Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
Most Searched: Refugee  AIIB  Syria  IS  V-Day parade  

Chinese company's multi-million dollar lease of Australian port gets gov't support

English.news.cn   2015-10-15 08:43:01

CANBERRA, Oct. 15 (Xinhua) -- The Australian government and defense experts have backed a 99-year lease of Darwin's port to a Chinese-owned company.

Earlier this week, the Northern Territory (NT) government signed a 370 million U.S.-dollar deal with the Landbridge Group for the long-term lease of the Port of Darwin.

The Australian government, according to a spokesperson on Thursday, said it had already signed an agreement in anticipation of the deal which permits it to access the site for the first 15 years of the lease.

Adam Giles, Chief Minister of the NT government, said he had consulted all the relevant stakeholders before proceeding with the multi-million dollar deal.

Editor: Song Miou
Related News
           
Photos  >>
Video  >>
  Special Reports  >>
Xinhuanet

Chinese company's multi-million dollar lease of Australian port gets gov't support

English.news.cn 2015-10-15 08:43:01

CANBERRA, Oct. 15 (Xinhua) -- The Australian government and defense experts have backed a 99-year lease of Darwin's port to a Chinese-owned company.

Earlier this week, the Northern Territory (NT) government signed a 370 million U.S.-dollar deal with the Landbridge Group for the long-term lease of the Port of Darwin.

The Australian government, according to a spokesperson on Thursday, said it had already signed an agreement in anticipation of the deal which permits it to access the site for the first 15 years of the lease.

Adam Giles, Chief Minister of the NT government, said he had consulted all the relevant stakeholders before proceeding with the multi-million dollar deal.

[Editor: Song Miou]
010020070750000000000000011100001347151981