LAGOS, Oct. 14 (Xinhua) -- Two suspected Boko Haram insurgents and one Nigerian soldier were killed in an attack on troops in Nigeria's central city of Okene.
A statement from the army said the troops were in a search operation near a mosque in Okene when they were attacked by suspected Boko Haram members at about 5.30 a.m. local time.
"The troops responded and two of the attackers were killed," the statement said.
One soldier was killed and another wounded.
It also confirmed the death of seven people, including three suicide bombers, in a triple bomb attack in Maiduguri, capital of restive Borno state in the north, late Tuesday.
In another statement, the army claimed to have killed ten Boko Haram insurgents in an ambush near Ngollom village last week.