BAMAKO, Oct. 14 (Xinhua) -- At least six people, among them a Malian soldier, were killed and four others injured when a convoy of vehicles from Bamako heading to Gao in northern Mali was attacked on Tuesday, security sources said.
The attack, for which no one has claimed responsibility, took place about 40 kilometers from Gao town.
The unknown assailants used rocket launchers and machine guns during the attack against the convoy of vehicles.
A security source in Gao told Xinhua the vehicles had been hired by the UN Peacekeeping Mission in Mali and they were being escorted by Malian soldiers.