
Police bomb squad personnel gather debris for analysis at the scene of a bomb blast in Nyanya, Nigeria, Oct. 3, 2015. (Reuters/Afolabi Sotunde)
LAGOS, Oct. 3 (Xinhua) -- Bomb blasts on Friday evening in Nigeria's Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has killed 15 people and injured 39, an official said.
In Nyanya, a suburb of the FCT, a blast killed two people and injured 19. Another blast, taking place earlier in Kuje Area of the FCT, resulted in 13 death and 20 being injured.
Ishaya Chonoko, Coordinator of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) Abuja operations, confirmed the figure. He said the corpses and critically injured people were taken to the Asokoro general hospital.
The FCT Commissioner of Police Wilson Inalegwu also confirmed the bomb blasts.