Policemen inspect the blast site in Daman district of Kandahar province, southern Afghanistan, Sept. 20, 2015. One person was killed while three others wounded following a suicide car bombing in southern Afghan province of Kandahar on Sunday, the provincial government spokesman said. (Xinhua/Sanaullah)
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan, Sept. 20 (Xinhua) -- One person was killed while three others wounded following a suicide car bombing in southern Afghan province of Kandahar on Sunday, the provincial government spokesman said.
"One terrorist detonated a car bomb near a security checkpoint in Daman district at around 11:30 a.m. local time, killing himself on the spot and injuring three people," spokesman Samim Khpalwak told Xinhua.
The injured, including two police personnel and a passerby, were shifted to a hospital, he added.
Furthermore, a security official, who declined to be named, told Xinhua that the blast took place near the Kandahar airport and has left four police, one foreign solider and a civilian wounded.
The Taliban militant group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Earlier on Sunday, two civilians were killed while one other was wounded when a vehicle touched off a landmine in Kandahar's Nesh district, according to Khpalwak.
Kandahar province with Kandahar city as its capital, some 450 km south of Afghan capital, is notorious for poppy growing and militancy.










