S.Korea warns DPRK of harsh price for any further provocations
English.news.cn   2015-08-21 19:39:25

SEOUL, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- South Korea's top military officer on Friday warned the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) of"a harsh price"for any further provocations.

Defense Minister Han Min-koo issued a statement to the public, saying that if the DPRK causes any provocations on the excuse of propaganda broadcasts, the South Korean military will sternly and severely retaliate and make the DPRK pay a harsh price for the provocations.

Han said that South Korea and the United States, which have been maintaining close coordination, would deter any DPRK provocations.

His statement came as Pyongyang issued a warning Thursday of" military actions" unless South Korea stops airing the propaganda broadcasts in border areas until 5 p.m. (0800 GMT) on Saturday.

South Korea resumed the psychological warfare from Aug. 10 as two South Korean soldiers were maimed on Aug. 4 by the blast of landmines, which Seoul claimed had been planted by DPRK forces. Pyongyang denied any role in the incident.

On Thursday, the two Koreas exchanged fires across border over the propaganda broadcasts, which the DPRK has called"a declaration of war."

Citing the mines blast and the shelling by the DPRK, Han said that those were criminal acts revealing the DPRK's bellicosity, which were in violation of the armistice agreement and non- aggression treaty.

He added that propaganda broadcasts were an appropriate response to the DPRK's landmine provocation, blaming the elevated tensions on the Korean Peninsula on the DPRK provocations.

The minister vowed to cut off the vicious circle this time of the DPRK provocations with a stern retaliation against further provocations.

The top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea ( DPRK) Kim Jong Un has ordered the country's frontline combined forces to enter state of war from 5p.m. (0830 GMT) Friday. the country's official KCNA news agency reported early Friday.

Related:

S. Korea concerned about further DPRK provocation over propaganda broadcasts

SEOUL, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- Concerns deepened in South Korea about additional provocations from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) after the exchange of artillery fires in border areas over propaganda broadcasts and mines blast.

South Korean Defense Minister Han Min-koo convened a meeting of military commanders Friday, saying that the DPRK will likely conduct a certain type of provocations after 5 p.m. (0800 GMT) Saturday, the deadline Pyongyang imposed to demand the removal of loudspeakers used by the South Korean military for propaganda broadcasts. Full story

DPRK poised to fire short-range missiles: S. Korea

SEOUL, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) has been poised to fire short-range missiles on either side of its territory, Yonhap News Agency reported Friday citing a government official.

The official was quoted as saying that joint reconnaissance military assets of South Korea and the United States detected the moves of the DPRK's mobile rocket launchers, mounted with Scud and Rodong missiles. Full story

 

Editor: Song Miou
Related News
Xinhuanet

S.Korea warns DPRK of harsh price for any further provocations

English.news.cn 2015-08-21 19:39:25

SEOUL, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- South Korea's top military officer on Friday warned the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) of"a harsh price"for any further provocations.

Defense Minister Han Min-koo issued a statement to the public, saying that if the DPRK causes any provocations on the excuse of propaganda broadcasts, the South Korean military will sternly and severely retaliate and make the DPRK pay a harsh price for the provocations.

Han said that South Korea and the United States, which have been maintaining close coordination, would deter any DPRK provocations.

His statement came as Pyongyang issued a warning Thursday of" military actions" unless South Korea stops airing the propaganda broadcasts in border areas until 5 p.m. (0800 GMT) on Saturday.

South Korea resumed the psychological warfare from Aug. 10 as two South Korean soldiers were maimed on Aug. 4 by the blast of landmines, which Seoul claimed had been planted by DPRK forces. Pyongyang denied any role in the incident.

On Thursday, the two Koreas exchanged fires across border over the propaganda broadcasts, which the DPRK has called"a declaration of war."

Citing the mines blast and the shelling by the DPRK, Han said that those were criminal acts revealing the DPRK's bellicosity, which were in violation of the armistice agreement and non- aggression treaty.

He added that propaganda broadcasts were an appropriate response to the DPRK's landmine provocation, blaming the elevated tensions on the Korean Peninsula on the DPRK provocations.

The minister vowed to cut off the vicious circle this time of the DPRK provocations with a stern retaliation against further provocations.

The top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea ( DPRK) Kim Jong Un has ordered the country's frontline combined forces to enter state of war from 5p.m. (0830 GMT) Friday. the country's official KCNA news agency reported early Friday.

Related:

S. Korea concerned about further DPRK provocation over propaganda broadcasts

SEOUL, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- Concerns deepened in South Korea about additional provocations from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) after the exchange of artillery fires in border areas over propaganda broadcasts and mines blast.

South Korean Defense Minister Han Min-koo convened a meeting of military commanders Friday, saying that the DPRK will likely conduct a certain type of provocations after 5 p.m. (0800 GMT) Saturday, the deadline Pyongyang imposed to demand the removal of loudspeakers used by the South Korean military for propaganda broadcasts. Full story

DPRK poised to fire short-range missiles: S. Korea

SEOUL, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) has been poised to fire short-range missiles on either side of its territory, Yonhap News Agency reported Friday citing a government official.

The official was quoted as saying that joint reconnaissance military assets of South Korea and the United States detected the moves of the DPRK's mobile rocket launchers, mounted with Scud and Rodong missiles. Full story

 

[Editor: Song Miou]
010020070750000000000000011100001345425211