Xinhuanet

Tianjin continues cleanup of chemicals

English.news.cn 2015-08-18 23:49:41

#CHINA-TIANJIN-EXPLOSION-CHEMICAL DECONTAMINATION (CN*)

Military specialists in handling nuclear and biochemical materials decontaminate at a residential community near the core area of the warehouse explosion site in Tianjin, north China, Aug. 18, 2015. (Xinhua/Wang Haobo)

TIANJIN, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- Cleanup operations continued in north China's Tianjin Tuesday, almost a week after two massive explosions tore through a warehouse storing hazardous goods.

Authorities should know the exact place of storage of remaining chemicals, Public Security Minister Guo Shengkun said at a meeting. The safety of those cleaning up the site must be ensured, he added.

Military experts should be mobilized to handle the core blast area, he told authorities. Surrounding areas should be thoroughly sterilized.

Related:

China to launch national checks on dangerous substances

BEIJING, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- China will check all dangerous substances across the whole country, the production safety watchdog said Tuesday.

The checks will continue for about half a month from next Tuesday to Sept. 10, said a notice on the website of the State Administration of Work Safety, targeting industries related to dangerous chemicals, explosives, fireworks, elevators, non-coal mines, public transportation and ports. Full story

China treats polluted water at Tianjin blast site

TIANJIN, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- Thousands of tonnes of contaminated water at Tianjin Port, the site of two massive warehouse explosions last week, needs to be treated, over fears that rain may exacerbate the problem.

Pipeline and ground water at the blast site will be processed and drained to make room for the coming rain, said Bao Jingling, Tianjin bureau of environmental protection chief engineer, on Tuesday morning. Full story

Military seeks more access to blast site, biochemical cleaning underway

TIANJIN, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- Chinese soldiers are clearing two emergency routes to aid access to the core area of two massive explosions at a warehouse in Tianjin last week, as nuclear and biochemical specialists begin decontaminating the site.

The 340-strong nuclear and biochemical team, dispatched from Beijing, entered the core blast site on Tuesday afternoon and started cleaning the ground and surrounding facilities and buildings, according to military sources. Full story

China Headlines: Tianjin mourns blast victims, doubts remain

TIANJIN, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- After placing a bouquet of white chrysanthemum at the foot of their son's photo, the elderly couple would have collapsed had they not been supported by someone else.

Zi Fuchang and his wife travelled almost 800 kilometers from Zhoukou in Henan Province, central China, to the northern port city of Tianjin, to bid a final farewell to their son. Full story

China Headlines: China steps up rescue in massive Tianjin blasts

TIANJIN, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- Thousands of rescuers, soldiers and medics have been mobilized to search for the missing, clean up toxic chemicals and treat the injured after last week's Tianjin explosions.

The death toll on Monday rose to 114 after a warehouse storing hundreds of tons of toxic chemicals exploded last Wednesday in the city of Tianjin. About 700 were hospitalized, thousands of cars were destroyed, and nearby buildings were damaged in the blasts.Full Story

Premier Li pays respects to firefighters lost in Tianjin blasts

TIANJIN, Aug. 16 (Xinhua) -- Bowing to the photos of the deceased firefighters, PremierLi Keqiangon Sunday paid respects to those young men who lost their lives in two massive warehouse blasts in north China's port city of Tianjin that have killed 112.

"They are all heroes and deserve the respect of the whole society," said Li, while visiting a brigade of Tianjin fire department.Fullstory

Chinese police chief stresses transparency in handling Tianjin blasts

TIANJIN, Aug. 16 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Public Security Minister Guo Shengkun ordered authorities Sunday to release information concerning the Tianjin blasts and rescue operation in a timely and transparent manner, to respond to public concerns.

Speaking at a meeting on rescue work, Guo also urged local authorities to continue to search for survivors while properly disposing of the dangerous chemicals around the blast site and preventing further accidents.Full story 

   1 2 3 >>  

[Editor: huaxia]
 
Tianjin continues cleanup of chemicals
                 English.news.cn | 2015-08-18 23:49:41 | Editor: huaxia

#CHINA-TIANJIN-EXPLOSION-CHEMICAL DECONTAMINATION (CN*)

Military specialists in handling nuclear and biochemical materials decontaminate at a residential community near the core area of the warehouse explosion site in Tianjin, north China, Aug. 18, 2015. (Xinhua/Wang Haobo)

TIANJIN, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- Cleanup operations continued in north China's Tianjin Tuesday, almost a week after two massive explosions tore through a warehouse storing hazardous goods.

Authorities should know the exact place of storage of remaining chemicals, Public Security Minister Guo Shengkun said at a meeting. The safety of those cleaning up the site must be ensured, he added.

Military experts should be mobilized to handle the core blast area, he told authorities. Surrounding areas should be thoroughly sterilized.

Related:

China to launch national checks on dangerous substances

BEIJING, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- China will check all dangerous substances across the whole country, the production safety watchdog said Tuesday.

The checks will continue for about half a month from next Tuesday to Sept. 10, said a notice on the website of the State Administration of Work Safety, targeting industries related to dangerous chemicals, explosives, fireworks, elevators, non-coal mines, public transportation and ports. Full story

China treats polluted water at Tianjin blast site

TIANJIN, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- Thousands of tonnes of contaminated water at Tianjin Port, the site of two massive warehouse explosions last week, needs to be treated, over fears that rain may exacerbate the problem.

Pipeline and ground water at the blast site will be processed and drained to make room for the coming rain, said Bao Jingling, Tianjin bureau of environmental protection chief engineer, on Tuesday morning. Full story

Military seeks more access to blast site, biochemical cleaning underway

TIANJIN, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- Chinese soldiers are clearing two emergency routes to aid access to the core area of two massive explosions at a warehouse in Tianjin last week, as nuclear and biochemical specialists begin decontaminating the site.

The 340-strong nuclear and biochemical team, dispatched from Beijing, entered the core blast site on Tuesday afternoon and started cleaning the ground and surrounding facilities and buildings, according to military sources. Full story

China Headlines: Tianjin mourns blast victims, doubts remain

TIANJIN, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- After placing a bouquet of white chrysanthemum at the foot of their son's photo, the elderly couple would have collapsed had they not been supported by someone else.

Zi Fuchang and his wife travelled almost 800 kilometers from Zhoukou in Henan Province, central China, to the northern port city of Tianjin, to bid a final farewell to their son. Full story

China Headlines: China steps up rescue in massive Tianjin blasts

TIANJIN, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- Thousands of rescuers, soldiers and medics have been mobilized to search for the missing, clean up toxic chemicals and treat the injured after last week's Tianjin explosions.

The death toll on Monday rose to 114 after a warehouse storing hundreds of tons of toxic chemicals exploded last Wednesday in the city of Tianjin. About 700 were hospitalized, thousands of cars were destroyed, and nearby buildings were damaged in the blasts.Full Story

Premier Li pays respects to firefighters lost in Tianjin blasts

TIANJIN, Aug. 16 (Xinhua) -- Bowing to the photos of the deceased firefighters, PremierLi Keqiangon Sunday paid respects to those young men who lost their lives in two massive warehouse blasts in north China's port city of Tianjin that have killed 112.

"They are all heroes and deserve the respect of the whole society," said Li, while visiting a brigade of Tianjin fire department.Fullstory

Chinese police chief stresses transparency in handling Tianjin blasts

TIANJIN, Aug. 16 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Public Security Minister Guo Shengkun ordered authorities Sunday to release information concerning the Tianjin blasts and rescue operation in a timely and transparent manner, to respond to public concerns.

Speaking at a meeting on rescue work, Guo also urged local authorities to continue to search for survivors while properly disposing of the dangerous chemicals around the blast site and preventing further accidents.Full story 

   1 2 3   

分享
China treats polluted water at Tianjin blast site
Damaged fire engine seen at explosion site in Tianjin
Drone footage shows thick smoke, flames in Tianjin
China Headlines: Tianjin mourns blast victims, doubts remain
Fitch estimates Tianjin blasts could be "one of the most costly catastrophe claims"
Top political advisor stresses education support for ethnic minorities
Top political advisor stresses education support for ethnic minorities
Zhang Gaoli meets with founder of Bloomberg in Beijing
Zhang Gaoli meets with founder of Bloomberg in Beijing
Japanese used Chinese civilians for bayonet training
Japanese used Chinese civilians for bayonet training
Military seeks more access to blast site, biochemical cleaning underway
Military seeks more access to blast site, biochemical cleaning underway
MQM leader injured in firing by gunmen in Pakistan's Karachi
MQM leader injured in firing by gunmen in Pakistan's Karachi
Afghan soldiers stand guard at checkpoint in Kandahar
Afghan soldiers stand guard at checkpoint in Kandahar
Cambodian PM meets with New Zealand's FM in Phnom Penh
Cambodian PM meets with New Zealand's FM in Phnom Penh
Japanese warships start 3-day visit to Malaysia
Japanese warships start 3-day visit to Malaysia
Back to Top Close
010020070750000000000000011106041345314991