Malaysia retrieves objects from Maldives to verify MH370 links
English.news.cn   2015-08-16 23:33:22

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug. 16 (Xinhua) -- A Malaysian team have brought back two tiny objects from the Maldives to verify if they are debris from the missing Malaysian Airlines MH370 aircraft, Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said Sunday.

Liow was quoted by the official news agency Bernama as saying that efforts are underway by the investigation team to verify the subjects.

Liow told reporters that one of the subjects was a "honeycomb material" while the other had a flat surface, "about the size of your hand", according to the local Star Newspaper.

The Boeing 777 aircraft, carrying 239 passengers and crew, disappeared enroute from Kuala Lumpur for Beijing on March 8, 2014.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak earlier this month confirmed a wing part known as flaperon that found on the Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean was from MH370.

Further search efforts on the Reunion Island and adjacent areas as well as the Maldives have yielded no fresh results so far. Liow said earlier that most debris found on Maldives was not from the missing aircraft.

Liow said the mission to locate MH370 involving Malaysia, Australia and China would continue at the seabed of the Indian Ocean, adding that among the key items sought were the black boxes and the plane wreckage.

A meeting of three parties involving Malaysia, China and Australia to review the search area for the missing aircraft would be held early next month, he added.

Related:

Search for MH370 debris on Reunion Island to last until Monday

The administrator of Reunion Island Dominique Sorain told the media on Friday the active search for more MH370 debris will continue until Monday.

Sorain said that if no significant debris that could be linked to MH370 plane were found by Monday, "we will move to a phase of heightened surveillance."Full Story

Most debris found in Maldives unrelated to MH370: Malaysian official

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug. 14 (Xinhua) -- Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said here Friday that most of the debris found in the Maldives is unrelated to the missing flight of Malaysian Airlines MH370.Full Story

Interview: Mauritius to continue with search for more MH370 debris: deputy PM

PORT LOUIS, Aug. 11 (Xinhua) -- Mauritius will continue with the search of any remaining debris of Malaysia Airline's MH370 plane that disappeared on March 8, 2014, Deputy Prime Minister Xavier Luc Duval told Xinhua on Monday.

Duval said Mauritius police had discovered a piece of a bag on Gabriel island over the weekend.Full Story

 

Editor: Mengjie
Related News
Xinhuanet

Malaysia retrieves objects from Maldives to verify MH370 links

English.news.cn 2015-08-16 23:33:22

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug. 16 (Xinhua) -- A Malaysian team have brought back two tiny objects from the Maldives to verify if they are debris from the missing Malaysian Airlines MH370 aircraft, Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said Sunday.

Liow was quoted by the official news agency Bernama as saying that efforts are underway by the investigation team to verify the subjects.

Liow told reporters that one of the subjects was a "honeycomb material" while the other had a flat surface, "about the size of your hand", according to the local Star Newspaper.

The Boeing 777 aircraft, carrying 239 passengers and crew, disappeared enroute from Kuala Lumpur for Beijing on March 8, 2014.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak earlier this month confirmed a wing part known as flaperon that found on the Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean was from MH370.

Further search efforts on the Reunion Island and adjacent areas as well as the Maldives have yielded no fresh results so far. Liow said earlier that most debris found on Maldives was not from the missing aircraft.

Liow said the mission to locate MH370 involving Malaysia, Australia and China would continue at the seabed of the Indian Ocean, adding that among the key items sought were the black boxes and the plane wreckage.

A meeting of three parties involving Malaysia, China and Australia to review the search area for the missing aircraft would be held early next month, he added.

Related:

Search for MH370 debris on Reunion Island to last until Monday

The administrator of Reunion Island Dominique Sorain told the media on Friday the active search for more MH370 debris will continue until Monday.

Sorain said that if no significant debris that could be linked to MH370 plane were found by Monday, "we will move to a phase of heightened surveillance."Full Story

Most debris found in Maldives unrelated to MH370: Malaysian official

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug. 14 (Xinhua) -- Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said here Friday that most of the debris found in the Maldives is unrelated to the missing flight of Malaysian Airlines MH370.Full Story

Interview: Mauritius to continue with search for more MH370 debris: deputy PM

PORT LOUIS, Aug. 11 (Xinhua) -- Mauritius will continue with the search of any remaining debris of Malaysia Airline's MH370 plane that disappeared on March 8, 2014, Deputy Prime Minister Xavier Luc Duval told Xinhua on Monday.

Duval said Mauritius police had discovered a piece of a bag on Gabriel island over the weekend.Full Story

 

[Editor: huaxia]
010020070750000000000000011100001345235311