Xinhuanet

Chinese FM calls for continued MH370 search

English.news.cn 2015-08-06 15:07:30

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug. 6 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said here Thursday that search efforts on the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 should be continued to find the truth behind the one of the biggest mysteries in the aviation history.

Wang made the call following Malaysia's announcement that the piece of wreckage that washed up on Reunion Island last week was from the missing jet.

China agrees with Malaysia that efforts should be made to find out the truth of what happened to the plane, and China wishes to see follow-up works to be carried out and related issues to be properly handled, Wang told reporters on the sidelines of the ongoing foreign ministers' meetings of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) and their dialogue partners.

Malaysia should take considerations of the feelings of the families of passengers on the tragic flight and make further explanations to them on the latest developments, he said.

The debris was discovered on Reunion Island on July 29 and was officially identified as part of a plane wing known as a flaperon from a Boeing 777.

Prior to the latest discovery, a massive surface and underwater hunt had failed to find the plane, which went missing on March 8, 2014 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 on board, most of them Chinese.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak vowed Thursday that the government of Malaysia is committed to doing everything within its means to find out the truth of what happened.

China's foreign ministry said in a statement earlier Thursday that China asks Malaysia to continue investigating the cause of the MH370 accident.

The Chinese government expresses grief and sorrow for those on board, and extends profound sympathy and condolences to their families, it said.

Related:

Australia's search area for MH370 could be narrowed following Reunion debris discovery

CANBERRA, Aug. 4 (Xinhua) -- The government body coordinating Australia's search efforts for missing jetliner MH370 has said new evidence could narrow down the search area for the wreckage.Full story

Malaysian, French investigators meet to coordinate probe on suspected MH370 wreckage

PARIS, Aug. 3 (Xinhua) -- Investigators from France and Malaysia met Monday afternoon in the Palais de Justice to coordinate the investigation on the place wreckage found last Wednesday on Reunion Island, which may belong to the Boeing 777 plane of the missing MH370 flight.Full story

Spotlight: Malaysia seeks help as suspected MH370 debris continues to emerge

BEIJING, Aug. 3 (Xinhua) -- As more debris has washed up on La Reunion Island, Malaysia has called on nearby territories for help in continuing its search for helpful clues to the missing flight MH370.Full story

 

[Editor: Song Miou]
 
Chinese FM calls for continued MH370 search
                 English.news.cn | 2015-08-06 15:07:30 | Editor: Song Miou

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug. 6 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said here Thursday that search efforts on the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 should be continued to find the truth behind the one of the biggest mysteries in the aviation history.

Wang made the call following Malaysia's announcement that the piece of wreckage that washed up on Reunion Island last week was from the missing jet.

China agrees with Malaysia that efforts should be made to find out the truth of what happened to the plane, and China wishes to see follow-up works to be carried out and related issues to be properly handled, Wang told reporters on the sidelines of the ongoing foreign ministers' meetings of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) and their dialogue partners.

Malaysia should take considerations of the feelings of the families of passengers on the tragic flight and make further explanations to them on the latest developments, he said.

The debris was discovered on Reunion Island on July 29 and was officially identified as part of a plane wing known as a flaperon from a Boeing 777.

Prior to the latest discovery, a massive surface and underwater hunt had failed to find the plane, which went missing on March 8, 2014 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 on board, most of them Chinese.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak vowed Thursday that the government of Malaysia is committed to doing everything within its means to find out the truth of what happened.

China's foreign ministry said in a statement earlier Thursday that China asks Malaysia to continue investigating the cause of the MH370 accident.

The Chinese government expresses grief and sorrow for those on board, and extends profound sympathy and condolences to their families, it said.

Related:

Australia's search area for MH370 could be narrowed following Reunion debris discovery

CANBERRA, Aug. 4 (Xinhua) -- The government body coordinating Australia's search efforts for missing jetliner MH370 has said new evidence could narrow down the search area for the wreckage.Full story

Malaysian, French investigators meet to coordinate probe on suspected MH370 wreckage

PARIS, Aug. 3 (Xinhua) -- Investigators from France and Malaysia met Monday afternoon in the Palais de Justice to coordinate the investigation on the place wreckage found last Wednesday on Reunion Island, which may belong to the Boeing 777 plane of the missing MH370 flight.Full story

Spotlight: Malaysia seeks help as suspected MH370 debris continues to emerge

BEIJING, Aug. 3 (Xinhua) -- As more debris has washed up on La Reunion Island, Malaysia has called on nearby territories for help in continuing its search for helpful clues to the missing flight MH370.Full story

 

分享
Australia to continue search efforts for MH370: FM
Spotlight: Mystery around MH370 hopefully to surface amid confirmed debris
Backgrounder: A chronology of search for MH370
China asks further investigation on MH370
Australian investigators, relatives of passengers query what happened to MH370 after confirmation of debris
Taiyuan Int'l Auto Show held in N China
Taiyuan Int'l Auto Show held in N China
Trade volume of Yiwu's wholesale markets enjoys growth
Trade volume of Yiwu's wholesale markets enjoys growth
Oil crops harvest season starts in NE China's Gansu
Oil crops harvest season starts in NE China's Gansu
In pics: impressive moments of Chinese fighters
In pics: impressive moments of Chinese fighters
Hiroshima commemorates 70th anniversary of atomic bombing
Hiroshima commemorates 70th anniversary of atomic bombing
People mourn to victims of murder in Mexico City
People mourn to victims of murder in Mexico City
Summer carnival held on bank of Leman Lake in Geneva
Summer carnival held on bank of Leman Lake in Geneva
ASEAN Plus Three Foreign Ministers Meeting held in Kuala Lumpur
ASEAN Plus Three Foreign Ministers Meeting held in Kuala Lumpur
Back to Top Close
010020070750000000000000011100001344880061