
Photo released by Kuwait News Agency on June 28, 2015 shows the image of the identified Shiite mosque bomber Fahd Suleiman Abdulmohsen Al-Gabbaa. The Kuwaiti Interior Ministry said Sunday that the suicide bomber who blew himself up at a Shiite Muslim mosque killing and injuring scores of worshippers was a Saudi national. The ministry identified the attacker as Fahd Suleiman Abdulmohsen Al-Gabbaa, who arrived in the country by air on Friday, the same day of the deadly attack that targeted Imam Sadiq Mosque and left 27 people dead and 227 others injured. (Xinhua/Kuwait News Agency)
KUWAIT CITY, June 28 (Xinhua) -- The Kuwaiti Interior Ministry said Sunday that the suicide bomber who blew himself up at a Shiite Muslim mosque killing and injuring scores of worshippers was a Saudi national.
In a statement carried by official Kuna news agency, the ministry identified the attacker as Fahd Suleiman Abdulmohsen Al-Gabbaa.
Al Gabbaa arrived in the country by air on Friday, the same day of the deadly attack that targeted Imam Sadiq Mosque and left 27 people dead and 227 others injured, the ministry said.
Earlier in the day, Kuwaiti authorities announced they have arrested the owner of the house where the driver who took the bomber to the mosque was staying.
The landlord, a Kuwaiti citizen, is a bearer of fundamentalist and deviant ideology, a statement by the Kuwaiti Interior Ministry said.
On Saturday, Kuwait announced that it arrested the owner of the car that carried the bomber to the scene.
The Islamic State (IS) militant group claimed responsibility for the bombing, which was the Gulf Arab country's worst militant attack in years.
Related:
Kuwait arrests owner of car that carried bomber to mosque
KUWAIT CITY, June 27 (Xinhua) -- Kuwaiti security forces on Tuesday arrested the owner of the car that carried the suicide bomber who blew himself up near a Muslim Shiite mosque in the Kuwaiti capital on Friday, official KUNA news agency reported.
The Interior Ministry said in a statement that security bodies have found the car used in the attack that targeted Imam Sadiq Mosque, leaving 27 people dead and 227 others injured.Full Story
25 killed, at least 202 wounded in mosque attack in Kuwait's capital, IS says responsible
KUWAIT CITY, June 26 (Xinhua) -- Kuwait's interior ministry said on Friday that 25 people were killed in a suicide bomb strike on a Shiite Muslim mosque, while the Islamic State (IS) militant group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The ministry also said that at least 202 others were wounded in the blast, which occurred when a large number of Muslims were doing midday prayers inside the walls.Full Story









