According to the Home Ministry, four people were confirmed dead in Kathmandu, including one each in Teku, Sundarijal, Balaju and Tangal of the capital.
"Five persons have been dead" in Sindhupalchowk, the worst-hit district in the massive 7.9-magnitude on April 24 that has left more than 8,000 people dead, Surendra Pradhan, an officer at Local Development Office in district headquarters of Chautara, told Xinhua.
Most of the cracked houses in Chautara collapsed and some 300 people have been injured in the latest quake, a police officer said.
Another two deaths were reported in Lalitpur and Dolakha districts.
Helicopters with medical teams have already been dispatched to most quake-hit districts Sindhupalchowk and Dolakha, the Home Ministry said.
Related:
Nepal's only international airport closed following quake
KATHMANDU, May 12 (Xinhua) -- Nepal's only international airport Tribhuwan International Airport has been closed following the powerful earthquake Tuesday afternoon.
The airport in Kathmandu was closed immediately after the 7.4 magnitude quake jolted Nepal, an airport official told Xinhua over phone. More details are yet to be ascertained.
Earlier on Monday, the airport was closed for one hour in the noon following trouble in runway.
Powerful 7.4-magnitude earthquake jolts Nepal
KATHMANDU, May 12 (Xinhua) -- A massive 7.4-magnitude earthquake jolted Nepal on Tuesday following the powerful 7.9- magnitude temblor on April 25, which has left more than 8,000 people dead.
The latest earthquake, which occurred at 12:50 p.m. local time (0705 GMT), is centered 18 km southeast of Kodari with a depth of 15 km, the U.S. Geological Survey said. Full story
Interview: China has done "very good job" in quake rescue, relief: Nepal FM
KATHMANDU, May 12 (Xinhua) -- China has done a "very good job" in helping Nepal better cope with the aftermath of the strong earthquake that wreaked havoc in the Himalayan country, Nepalese Foreign Minister Mahendra Bahadur Pandey said.
"Through your media, we would like to extend our thanks to the Chinese people and the Chinese government ... We appreciate the prompt response (to the April 25 earthquake) shown by Chinese President Xi Jinping, and we are very happy and it has encouraged us to move forward," he told Xinhua in an interview. Full story
