Xinhuanet

Search area for missing Malaysian flight MH370 to be doubled if no wreckage found in current zone

English.news.cn 2015-04-16 17:32:52

MALAYSIA-KUALA LUMPUR-MH370-SEARCHING

Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai (C), Australian Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss (L) and Chinese Transport Minister Yang Chuantang attend a press conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, April 16, 2015. Senior officials from Malaysia, Australia and China met here Thursday for the MH370 Third Tripartite Ministerial Meeting, agreeing that the search zone will be doubled if the missing Malaysian aircraft is not found in the current search area of 60,000 square kilometers. (Xinhua/Wang Dawei)

KUALA LUMPUR, April 16 (Xinhua) -- Senior officials from Malaysia, Australia and China met here Thursday for the MH370 Third Tripartite Ministerial Meeting, agreeing that the search zone will be doubled if the missing Malaysian aircraft is not found in the current search area of 60,000 square kilometers.

The officials were given a detailed briefing on the search efforts in the current priority area by the Australian side and reached a deal on the search work in the future.

They agreed that if the wreckage is found in the current area, the recovery work will be organized. Should the aircraft not be found within the current area, the search will be extended by an additional 60,000 square kilometers in the north of the current area identified by the experts.

The Chinese side said that it will make arrangements for the future search work along with Malaysia and Australia, try to locate the aircraft as soon as possible and give an explanation to the families of those aboard the flight.

Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai chaired the meeting with Australian Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss and Chinese Transport Minister Yang Chuantang.

The three parties extended appreciation to the international community and related countries for their contribution to the search efforts for MH370 in the past year, saying that the governments of Malaysia, Australia and China have made effective cooperation in the areas of search, investigation and family support.

Flight MH370 went missing on March 8 last year en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board.

   1 2 3 4 >>  

[Editor: Song Miou]
 
Search area for missing Malaysian flight MH370 to be doubled if no wreckage found in current zone
                 English.news.cn | 2015-04-16 17:32:52 | Editor: Song Miou

MALAYSIA-KUALA LUMPUR-MH370-SEARCHING

Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai (C), Australian Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss (L) and Chinese Transport Minister Yang Chuantang attend a press conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, April 16, 2015. Senior officials from Malaysia, Australia and China met here Thursday for the MH370 Third Tripartite Ministerial Meeting, agreeing that the search zone will be doubled if the missing Malaysian aircraft is not found in the current search area of 60,000 square kilometers. (Xinhua/Wang Dawei)

KUALA LUMPUR, April 16 (Xinhua) -- Senior officials from Malaysia, Australia and China met here Thursday for the MH370 Third Tripartite Ministerial Meeting, agreeing that the search zone will be doubled if the missing Malaysian aircraft is not found in the current search area of 60,000 square kilometers.

The officials were given a detailed briefing on the search efforts in the current priority area by the Australian side and reached a deal on the search work in the future.

They agreed that if the wreckage is found in the current area, the recovery work will be organized. Should the aircraft not be found within the current area, the search will be extended by an additional 60,000 square kilometers in the north of the current area identified by the experts.

The Chinese side said that it will make arrangements for the future search work along with Malaysia and Australia, try to locate the aircraft as soon as possible and give an explanation to the families of those aboard the flight.

Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai chaired the meeting with Australian Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss and Chinese Transport Minister Yang Chuantang.

The three parties extended appreciation to the international community and related countries for their contribution to the search efforts for MH370 in the past year, saying that the governments of Malaysia, Australia and China have made effective cooperation in the areas of search, investigation and family support.

Flight MH370 went missing on March 8 last year en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board.

   1 2 3 4   

分享
Towelette too common to be conclusively linked to MH370: JACC
Malaysian parliament observes minute's silence on MH370
MH370 search chief reveals Australia's cooperation with China
China, Malaysia, Australia agree to double search zone of MH370
China, Malaysia, Australia agree to double search zone of MH370
Japanese maple trees at Humble Administrator’s Garden
Japanese maple trees at Humble Administrator’s Garden
Chinese vice premier meets IAAF president
Chinese vice premier meets IAAF president
Livestock production enters peak season in NW China's Bayingolin
Livestock production enters peak season in NW China's Bayingolin
Putin speaks at live broadcast of call-in show "Conversation With Vladimir Putin"
Putin speaks at live broadcast of call-in show "Conversation With Vladimir Putin"
Annual ceremony marking Holocaust Remembrance Day held in Jerusalem
Annual ceremony marking Holocaust Remembrance Day held in Jerusalem
Australia, China, Malaysia hold Third Tripartite Ministerial Meeting for MH370
Australia, China, Malaysia hold Third Tripartite Ministerial Meeting for MH370
People mourn holocaust victims in Jerusalem
People mourn holocaust victims in Jerusalem
Back to Top Close
010020070750000000000000011100001341573671